Starting Strong With Love & Support
Little Leaders Begin Their Journey
In A Safe Space With Nurturing Care
With Love & Support
Little Leaders Begin Their Journey In A Safe Space With Nurturing Care
Waddlers | 1 - 2 Years | Serving Kansas City, KS
Tiny Tots Find Their Feet In Waddler-Friendly Spaces
Your newly walking learner safely explores their world in a beautiful space designed to meet their unique needs. Watch them develop independence in a colorful classroom filled with sensory inspiration that expands their horizons.
Teachers Build Your Child’s Confidence With Strong Bonds
Individualized Care Tailored To Your Child
Adjustable Schedules Grow As They Do
Good Behavior Flourishes In A Loving Environment
The 5 I-Care-Rules
Read About The Techniques That Encourage The “I-Care-Rules”
Outdoor Play Supports Healthy Development
Research-Based Lessons Inspire Growing Minds
On-Site Field Trips For Excitement In Safety
Our program is built on a full-day model, with half of the day focused on early academics and half of the day focused on arts/crafts, science/social studies, and music/movement. Enrolling children all day ensures our students benefit from the full program.
We offer a year-round program, operating an academic school year from mid-August to the end of May and a summer session from June to mid-August. These two sessions allow us to transition children to new classrooms in June and August as our older children graduate and go to kindergarten.
Waddlers: 1 – 2 Years
Toddlers: 2-3 Years
Transitional Preschool: 2 ½ – 4 Years
Preschool: 3-4 Years
Pre-K: 4-5 Years
Purple Diamonds 1:5
Yellow Stars 1:7
Red Hearts 2:20
Green Circles (preschool): 2:21
Blue Rectangles (pre-k): 2:21
- Restricted access controls ensure that only authorized people have access to the center.
- Campus police keep everyone on-site safe
- A fenced-in yard protects outdoor play
- Internal-use security cameras keep watch
- All teachers hold CPR certifications
- Staff members thoroughly sanitize all areas every day
- On-site cleaners carry out a deep clean every day.
- Professional cleaners come every week to implement rigorous sanitization.
Corporal punishment will not be used at Little Leaders; a private meeting with parents will be requested if a child’s behavior is continuously inappropriate or dangerous. Parents are encouraged to schedule a time to meet if there is ever a concern about behavior or any other issue at Little Leaders.
- Biting and Aggressive Behavior: Biting is a natural developmental stage for many children. It usually does not last for an extended period of time if the appropriate action is taken to help reduce the occurrences. Children bite and are aggressive for various reasons: frustration, anger, joy, overwhelmed, over-tired(emotions they cannot yet express), teething, or just experimenting and testing limits. Our teachers will assess each incident to help better understand why a child is biting or showing aggressive behavior. This will help us respond to each child’s needs.
- Steps taken for Toddlers:
- 1st or 2nd incident: The child biting/hurting will be redirected by the teacher, the incident will be documented, the parents of the child biting/showing aggressive behavior will be notified in writing, and an ouch note will be created for the parents of the child hurt if an injury has occurred.
- 3rd incident: The above procedures will be followed, and the parents of the child biting/showing aggressive behavior will also receive a phone call to discuss the behavior. An assessment of why the child might be biting/showing aggressive behavior will be made. A plan of action based on the child’s development will be created and shared with the parents of the child biting/showing aggressive behavior.
- Additional Incidents: The above procedures will be followed, and the plan of action will be continued. Progress will be monitored and reviewed, and action is taken based on individual child’s development and severity of bites/aggressive behavior.
We enjoy celebrating birthdays at Little Leaders and know that it is an extraordinary time for the children. Birthday celebrations will be kept short and will occur during snack time to not disrupt the routine. Parents are welcome to send birthday treats such as cookies or cupcakes to share with the class; however, we ask parents not to send goodie bags with toys. These types of toys often get lost during the day, which can cause hurt feelings. If sending treats, we ask that you not send hard candy, popcorn, or items containing peanuts or peanut butter.
Birthday Invitations: You are welcome to pass out invitations at school if you plan to invite the whole class. However, if you are not inviting everyone, we ask that you use the Little Leaders’ Directory for contact information and share the invitations outside of class.
Hear What Parents Have To Say...
Our family is grateful for the interactions and updates we receive daily about our little sweetie's progress. She is learning concepts such as healthy eating and positive social skills. We are also grateful for the diversity at Little Leaders of Kansas City. Thanks everyone.
- Trina Crawford
Little leaders is a caring environment with educated teacher and assistant teachers. As a teacher here it is the most positive work environment and the directors truly value their staff! If your looking for childcare and wanting great early education for your child, LLKCK is the place!
- Lindsey Bird
Little Leaders has been so good to my daughter and our family. The staff is so caring and my daughter enjoys every moment there. We are amazed everyday with her telling us what she learned for the day and all her fun experiences. She has also made such special friendships. Thank you Little Leaders!
- Debbie Reischman
Staff is always so understanding and willing to work with you on making sure your kiddo is having fun and learning all sorts of new things!
- Ashley Marie McDaniel
Highly recommend Little Leaders for those looking at preschools. The teachers and other staff are always so patient with our not always easy to deal with kiddo!
- Avry S. Kee
The children I have seen go through Little Leaders have been ready to move on to Kindergarten with positive attitudes and prepared to thrive!
- Belinda Rehmer